Adelaide City & Surrounds
South Australia’s capital city, set on the magnificent River Torrens. Adelaide is known for it’s luscious green park lands which surround the city, making it the only city in a park worldwide.
Adelaide is also home to the second largest Fringe Festival worldwide, with multi-arts events taking place throughout February and March. With a number of festivals in Adelaide each year, there is sure to be something on during your stay.
You can explore the state’s museum, art gallery, library, universities, shopping, dining and more during a short walk down majestic North Terrace.
Adelaide is north of the Fleurieu Peninsula, on the Adelaide Plains between the Gulf St Vincent and the low-lying Mount Lofty Ranges which surround the city. Adelaide stretches 20 km (12 mi) from the coast to the foothills, and 94 to 104 km (58 to 65 mi) from Gawler at its northern extent to Sellicks Beach in the south.
Half-Day Activities including Adelaide City & Surrounds
Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary Small Group Kayak with Lunch
- Half day tour
- 20 minutes from the city centre in the historic port of Port Adelaide
- Home to the first permanent metropolitan dolphin population in the world
- Highly experienced and qualified guides
- Lunch at a local Aussie pub
- Maximum 12 per tour
Prices from $158
Kayaking the City – An Adventure on the Torrens
- 2 hours paddling on Adelaide’s scenic River Torrens in the heart of the city
- All equipment supplied
- Depart from central city location
- Day and sunset tour options available
- The only guided kayak tour on the River Torrens
Prices from $128
Rock Climb & Abseil in the Adelaide Surrounds
- Get vertical, have fun, and do something that is great for your mind and body
- Beautiful scenic locations surrounded by nature
- A variety of climbs for differing levels of fitness and experience
- No previous climbing experience necessary
Prices from $149